En Español

How to Attend

Attend L.A. Unified

Enroll in your resident school or apply to a specialized program!

Apply Now to a Choice Program
  • Apply to choice programs! You can easily apply to multiple choice programs for multiple children using one parent account. Please Note: An application is not required if you are planning to attend your neighborhood school.

Enroll in Resident School
  • Download the Student Enrollment Form below and complete it electronically, print, sign and take the form to your resident school. Please contact the school to ensure you have everything that you need to enroll. Paper copies of the enrollment form are available at each school.

    resident/zone of choice
Frequently Asked Questions
  • How can I apply to a Magnet, Dual Language, Permit with Transportation, or School for Advanced Studies program?
  • Apply online at Apply.lausd.net
  • How can I enroll in a school in my Zone of Choice?
  • Visit your residential high school to complete an application or visit the Zones of Choice website to download an application for your Zone here.
  • If I live within the L.A. Unified boundary and want my child to attend a neighborhood school that is not my resident school, how do I apply?
  • Contact the school directly to inquire about an Intra-district Permit or click here to download more information.
  • You can also visit Apply.lausd.net for Open Enrollment availability.
  • If I live outside of L.A. Unified boundaries, and I want my child to attend an L.A. Unified school, how do I apply?
  • We would love to offer your child a placement! Apply for an Incoming Inter-district Permit online at Apply.lausd.net